This Manual of Style dictates how all users must edit this wiki.
Layout guide Edit
For chapters, use Template:Chapter.
Character articles are named by precedence:
- Character has a name, i.e. Mendanbar
- Character has a rank or title, i.e. King of Linderwall
- Character has a relationship, i.e. Cimorene's lady-in-waiting
- Character has no name, i.e. Unnamed frog
This wiki uses three levels of character categorization with several special categories. The three main categories are as follows:
- Category:Main characters - Appear across more than one book.
- Category:Supporting characters - Appear across more than one chapter.
- Category:Minor characters - Only appear in one chapter or in two chapters but
Characters must also be categorized by properties, i.e.:
And finally, a character must be categorized based on which book(s) that character appears in:
- Category:Dealing with Dragons characters
- Category:Searching for Dragons characters
- Category:Calling on Dragons characters
- Category:Talking to Dragons characters
Every character should abide by this outline when applicable, except when so little information on a character exists that a simple paragraph suffices.
- Introduction (does not have a section header and contains no spoilers)
- Image and infobox (if applicable)
- History (i.e. what happened before the series)
- Summary by book
- See Also